ABP Insurance Brokers has been closely monitoring the federal and state actions, our office has made the decision to work from home during these challenging times to allow our employees to stay safe and healthy.
Our office will be open and available to all of our clients during this uncertain time with modified hours:
- Monday - Thursday 9:00am-3:00pm & Friday 9:00am-12:00pm
Our payroll company shared the below with our office and it might be relevant to many of you as well, please reach out to your perspective payroll companies for more information.
The President signed the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) on March 19, and will be effective within 15 days, on a date determined by the Secretary of Treasury. Here's what you need to know:
· It does not currently contain any retroactive applicability.
· It includes mandatory employer-provided emergency sick pay and emergency paid family leave, as well as other provisions not related to the employment relationship such as free COVID-19 testing.
· A credit will be provided to employers to reimburse 100% of the qualified sick and leave wages as a credit against Employer Social Security Tax.
· The emergency sick pay and family leave requirements expire on 12/31/2020.
Congress is developing additional measures this week, which may include payments sent directly to taxpayers and bailouts for heavily-impacted industries.
Thought everyone could use some encouragement in these uncertain times.
We appreciate the opportunity to work with you and your employees, stay safe & be well!